The Energy Storage System (ESS) Performance Test System is used to evaluate, test, and certify the performance of energy storage systems up to 2MW. The system is a configurable platform with over 200 channels of simultaneously measured AC and DC voltages and currents, environmental temperatures, airflow, and communications.
Intuitive software provides real-time monitoring and analysis (power, energy, efficiency) to adhere with industry standards. The test system interfaces hardware and controls the ESS to simulate utility applications such as peak shaving and frequency regulation.
• Functional, performance, and life-cycle testing
• Utility application simulations
• Factory and Site Acceptance Testing
• Power quality and energy efficiencies measured to IEC, EN, and IEEE standards
• Simulate utility applications such as peak shaving and frequency regulation
• Portable system for field testing
• Assists with IEEE 1547.1 testing for interconnecting distributed grid resources
• Helps verify response and accuracy of frequency regulation per FERC Order 755
• DNP3 and IEC 61850 communication protocols
• Generate standardized system performance reports